Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Walking Tours



The past two days have been very busy for me! I have been playing tour guide for the English Exchange program at our high school. Yesterday we went to Hampton Beach and Portsmouth, NH. The students had a great time and the weather has certainly been cooperating. I had to take the day off though because I was tired from the long day. Today was a day trip to Boston. We walked part of the Freedom Trail. After, Loren, the two English chaperones, and I walked to the North End (of course we stopped at Mike's Pastries!) and did a little bit of shopping in the Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market area. I managed to get in a nap late in the afternoon and then quickly went to the YMCA for a quick treadmill speed workout:

1.0 mile EASY Warm up
5 minute stretch
4x400 @ 5K pace with a 200 recovery between each.
800 @ 10K pace with a 200 recovery
800@ 10K pace with a 200 recovery
400 @ 5K pace!!!!!
COOL DOWN

All in all, I am hanging in there with the workouts, but I know after the exchange is over, I will have to train very hard for Big Lake and the Mooseman!

No comments:

Post a Comment