Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Oh No, Plateau!

It has been a challenging fall. After our wedding, I jumped right into a graduate business class which consumed a fair amount of time. In addition, I continue to wait tables on Sunday nights at Hermanos, Finally, the changing of the seasons and the lack of light and warm temperatures has taken a toll on me. Last year, I had just started crossfit and saw noticeable results. Since I am starting at a much better place right now, I have to work that much harder to get to the point I want to be. I've been slacking and I know it. My diet has been pretty good but cheats are slipping in more frequently. I still get to crossfit 3-4 times per week and I'm putting in a full effort there so I know that what it comes down to is my morning cardio. Pre-wedding I was religious about my morning cardio. I'd do 6-7 sessions per week at 40-60 minutes. I varied those between elliptical, swimming, running, and walking. Presently this has dropped to 2-4 sessions per week. Also, the key to that was cutting carbs by 2PM. Again, I am usually good about this, but occasionally I let it slide. Part of the challenge is finding foods that are convenient and healthy. This week I made a beef and sweet potato stew that is easy, but it is hard to compare that to homemade holiday cookies.

To pump myself up, I read some blogs on plateaus. This entry from Crossfit Fire was filled with helpful tips.

Moving forward I need to get more sleep, relax through yoga and meditation, focus on eating well, and find new ways to spice up the workout routine.

Now is the time to find some inspiration from all my friends who said I motivated them!

No comments:

Post a Comment