Tuesday, September 10, 2013

#WHITEMOUNTAINSTRONG Results

As promised in my previous blog entry, I am including my side by side lifts/workouts to compare my progress over a period of 6 weeks during the challenge at our local crossfit gym. I attended class consistently and continued with my frequency pushups; however, I could have stuck to the clean eating far more. I'm sure that would have pushed my to some even better results. I'd been in a food slump/coma for much of the summer when I saw Sara over at House Bella wrote a great entry on Why She Eats Paleo. I know I was one of the people she had originally spoken to about going that direction with her food choices, so her affirmation of its effectiveness (not to mention amazingly delicious looking food) resonated with me. I am only back to a few days of clean/paleo eating, but I do feel those benefits already. Sara, as usual, you are an inspiration. I can't wait to hear how her marathon goes while following the paleo lifestyle!

Challenge Results-

Week 1 (July 22- July 26th) & Week 6 (August 26th- August 30th)

Back Squat 1RM = 125lbs
Back Squat = 140lbs
"The Chief" 17 rounds
"The Chief" 18 rounds

Bench Press = 95lbs
Bench Press = 105lbs
500m row 2:06
500m row 2:03

Power Clean = 90lbs
Power Clean = 95lbs
"Helen" 11:24
"Helen" 10:41

Push Press = 90lbs
Push Press = 100lbs
1 Mile Run 8:14
1 Mile Run 7:54
2 mins max pushups 40
2 min max pushups 57

Deadlift = 200lbs
Deadlift = 205lbs
"Fran" 6:05
"Fran" 5:36

*A note that many of these workouts were not Rx, but I did the same modifications for comparison*

Last week was a bit of a recovery week after pushing myself to the limits during testing week. I may have been a bit too lax in my training, but hopefully my upcoming races will not suffer due to the pause.

Workouts for Week of September 2nd - September 8th

Monday- Rest
Tuesday- Rest
Wednesday- Short Jog/walk at lunch
Thursday- Rest
Friday- AM Spin/ PM Xfit (Brick #62)
Saturday- 10 mile run
Sunday- 2 Hour Walk

Pushups 5 X 25 for 6 days

No comments:

Post a Comment