Monday, June 16, 2014

Product Review: Vega Sport Sugar-Free Energizer

Fuel Your Better!

I've been a fan of Vega Sport products for years! Through FitApproach and my Sweat Pink Ambassador role, I was presented an opportunity to complete a product review for one of the Vega products. It just so happened that they had the new sugar-free energizer drink, which fit perfectly into my clean eating plan for June. Brilliant! When utilizing the product, I followed the recommend directions to drink the mixture 20 minutes prior to a workout.

Energy Boost. In late May, I began utilizing this product prior to my early morning workout sessions. The workouts consisted of crossfit, yoga, walking, pilates, HIIT, and swimming. As with the regular energizer drink, the sugar-free version provided me with a much needed boost to push through workouts that usually started at 6am. Since I am not a coffee drinker, I often look for options to assist in amping up my energy in the early hours of the day.

Clarity. Not only did the product provide an added spring to my step, but also it awakened my brain. After finishing a workout, I transitioned seamlessly into my role as a clinical placement coordinator. I accomplished a plethora of work in a short amount of time thanks to this fabulous cocktail of herbal ingredients.

Endurance. In terms of endurance, I found this product worked well. Unfortunately, due to some meniscus issues, I've been avoiding my endurance sport of choice, running. Nonetheless, I tried the sugar-free energizer prior to a morning swim. This was my first swim in nearly a year, so it was a bit of a shock when I knocked out a mile efficiently. I attribute some of that to the Vega Sport sugar-free energizer.

Taste. My sample contained the lemon-lime flavored packets. The first few sugar-free packets tasted a bit chalky and I found them to be less enjoyable than the regular energizer version. After several uses though, I acclimated to the taste and found it absolutely fine. It is definitely not something I'd drink in large quantities, nor do I need to. For comparison, I purchased a few of the acai sugar-free packets and found those to be more pleasant on the taste buds.

Cost. The Vega Sport Sugar-Free Energizer is reasonable for the benefits it provides at $1.69 for a single-serve packet or $49.99 for a tub. Considering most people spend this on a morning coffee (which I do not drink), it seems like a worthwhile expense. I plan to use it for my more intense morning workouts (every other day), which cuts down on cost as well.

Recommendation? I highly recommend the Vega Sport sugar-free energizer drink, especially if you are trying to cut down on sugar. You get the same benefits of the regular energizer with a lot less calories! I tend to use the product in the morning as I found it to be too much of a boost later in the afternoon! Each person and workout varies, so test out different times and workout levels to determine the best way to fuel your better!

~Laura

I am not receiving compensation for this review; however, I was provided a sample pack of the product for this review. The views expressed in this blog are my own opinion. Please read my blog disclaimer for additional information.

No comments:

Post a Comment