Saturday, November 28, 2015

Galloping Gobbler Race Recap & Early Second Trimester Reflections


Post Galloping Gobbler 2015


I am making some progress in my second trimester workouts and finally in food choices. It has been a somewhat lengthy process to take in what my body needs vs. craves, but I’m getting there.

This week, for Thanksgiving, I completed the Galloping Gobbler 4 miler. It is a hilly course that really kicks you hard in the first mile. I had to slow down more than I would have liked to keep my heart rate at a more moderate rate. Nonetheless, with a fairly basic 5 week training plan, I did finish the run in just over 44 minutes. I did look at another time I did this run, back in 2009, and I was about 7 minutes slower this year. However, I had less training and quite a few extra lbs holding me back this time. The race is always well-organized (though they really need more bathrooms!) and the crowd is a friendly group. I was still happy I did this run as it made Thanksgiving indulgences seem less naughty.

Hitting week 16, I felt like my belly definitely popped a bit and I definitely feel bigger. Trying to do some things like spin/row are a bit more challenging, but I am still pushing forward with as much exercise as I can. I am hoping, by cleaning up my diet this week, to get a bit of my muscle definition back as I feel quite blobby presently. P.S. I added another pregnancy pet peeve to my list from the last blog—the question “How much have you gained?” is not appropriate for anyone except my midwife to ask! If I volunteer the information fine, but seriously, some people really need filters!

Workout Log for Weeks 16-18

Week 16-
Sunday- Walk w/Penny
Monday- AM Xfit and PM 5K Training
Tuesday- AM Spinning
Wednesday- PM Xfit
Thursday- AM Spinning and PM 5K Training
Friday- AM Xfit and PM Walk w/Penny
Saturday- 5K Training



Week 17-
Sunday- Rest Day
Monday- AM Xfit and PM 5K Training
Tuesday- AM Spinning
Wednesday- 5K Training
Thursday- AM Spinning
Friday- AM Xfit and PM Walk w/Penny
Saturday- 5K Training (4 miler course)


Week 18-
Sunday- Yoga class
Monday- AM Xfit and PM 5K Training
Tuesday- AM Spinning
Wednesday- PM Yoga
Thursday- Galloping Gobbler Race
Friday- Hike Mt. Cardigan
Saturday- AM Spinning

 
At this point, I feel like I can't get loose enough clothing--all I want is comfort!


For the next blog post (which will also probably be a year end summary), I’m looking forward to reporting on a clean eating week with extra morning cardio sessions added in. Hopefully, this will help with general well-being and energy. Mark seemed happy to see me back in my cooking frenzy today as I prepared quiche, stew, veggies, and plenty of protein options for the week!


Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment