Sunday, March 13, 2016

The Home Stretch



We are nearing the home stretch before Baby Boy Beaudoin’s arrival! The time has gone by faster and slower than I would have expected. It feels faster when I think of everything that needs to be completed. It is slower when I am trying to waddle around and get things done. With just over 5 weeks until his projected due date, I still have been able to work out, teach a class, and meet all of my work obligations.

Working Out

As you will see in my workout log below, I have been generally consistent with my workouts. I am getting in a mix of crossfit, pilates, yoga, walking, and other cardio. Walking often is the hardest which is interesting as one would think crossfit would be more challenging. However, the way I can break crossfit movements down and rest appropriately makes it more ideal. Walking is a necessity as my dog needs her exercise but it definitely winds me sometimes. I enjoy the prenatal yoga class that I attend at Ohana Yoga as it is a great opportunity to connect with other future moms. I am certainly the most high-strung (shocking, I know ;)). My Wednesday Cardio Mix class is going to be off the table for a bit as we have birth classes for the next 3 weeks. Also, after the class last week, I think it is time to take a break from that one. I am bummed, but it will feel that much better when I can jump back into the class. As I have to drop certain exercises, I try to find replacements to maintain my level of physical activity. I’ve found in the third trimester that I have some sciatic pain on the right side that seems to be worse during yoga and sleep than any other time. Over the weekend, I had a prenatal massage and she identified that was a problem spot for me.

Still able to do a Push Jerk/Split Jerk 1 RM @ 85lbs


Fuel

My food choices have not changed much since the last blog post. I am eating gluten-free granola with almond milk in the AM and then grazing on easy-prep food throughout the rest of the day. I put in an order for Trifecta Nutrition paleo meals for this week. They are already prepared and just require heating up. I am hoping this will help me eat a bit better for a bit. My desire to cook (which I LOVED before pregnancy) is generally at an all-time low. I try to cook here and there so Mark has some decent food to take to work.

Nesting

My fantastic work friends hosted a baby celebration at work last week. It was great to connect with my friends who I have not seen for some time. They all contributed to Baby B.’s expanding library which I am super excited about! We need to get started assembling things like the car seat, strollers, and other baby gadgets. The nursery is getting closer to completion. Mark is going to make some lighting changes and we are awaiting the delivery of some custom shades. The other components are mainly decorative (art, mobile, accent table, and crib sheets). I am optimistic that we will have everything ready in time for the baby; however, if not, we do have the basics covered and can put on the finishing touches after his arrival. We are also trying to fit in as many date nights and friend nights as possible before we face the challenge of finding a babysitter!

Delicious cupcakes at work baby celebration

Nursery details

Nursery...in progress



Baby Boy Beaudoin Countdown: 5+ Weeks!

Week 31:
Sunday- Prenatal Yoga/ Walk w/Penny
Monday- Crossfit/ Walk w/Penny/ Prenatal Yoga
Tuesday- Crossfit
Wednesday- Prenatal Yoga/ Cardio Mix
Thursday- Rest
Friday- Crossfit/ Walk w/Penny
Saturday- Prenatal Pilates


Week 32:
Sunday- Walk w/Penny
Monday- Crossfit/ Prenatal Yoga
Tuesday- Crossfit
Wednesday- Prenatal Pilates / Walk w/Penny
Thursday- Crossfit / Walkw/Penny
Friday- Prenatal Yoga
Saturday- Elliptical

 
Last week I felt really great!
Week 33:
Sunday- Walk w/Penny
Monday- Crossfit/ Prenatal Yoga
Tuesday- Prenatal Pilates
Wednesday- Walk w/Penny / Cardio Mix
Thursday- Crossfit
Friday- Crossfit / Walk w/Penny/ Prenatal Yoga

Saturday- Walk w/Penny X 2 / Prenatal Pilates

Penny wants in on the photo

~Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment