Sunday, July 24, 2011

Homeward Bound



After a busy Blackfly weekend, week 18 was a recovery week. However, towards the end of the week, I picked up the pace a bit before I headed home to Minnesota the next week.

Week 18 Recap:
Monday- 20 minute swim/P90X abs
Tuesday- 60 minute bike ride
Wednesday- Track workout
Thursday- 40 min swim/P90X abs
Friday- 25 mile bike ride
Saturday- P90X abs
Sunday- 7 mile run in Duluth, MN

At home, I was able to maintain my workout schedule despite a very busy week of visiting friends/family and sightseeing. I squeezed in an open water swim while Mark and I were visiting his friend Tony in Minneapolis on Monday. Tuesday we did quite a bit of sightseeing and walking around Minneapolis. Wednesday, I got up early to get in a treadmill run before doing a 4 hour kayaking trip with Mark and my little brother Alex in Brule, WI. On Thursday, I woke up early and took the family dog for a three mile run. Then, Mark and I decided to be crazy and do a VERY cold open water swim in Lake Superior later that same morning. I have no idea what the temperature of the water was, but we were numb with our wetsuits on! Thursday continued to be an eventful day as we decided to drive up the north shore and walk around Gooseberry Falls State Park. There, right in front of my favorite childhood lake (Lake Superior), on a perfect, blue sky day, Mark got down on his knee and proposed to me!!! Yep, Thursday was definitely my favorite day of the trip :) Friday, I made it to a 6am spin class at the YMCA in Duluth (the Y there is so much nicer than Concord!) and then we spent the rest of the day at Park Point Beach. Saturday I fit in a swim workout at the Y before our flight back to NH departed. And then today, I did my familiar Long Pond road 7.5 mile loop in Concord. It has been a busy, but very exciting few weeks! Next week, my training will pick way up as I prepare for the Pumpkinman half iron triathlon!

Week 19 Workouts:
Monday- 50 minute open water swim
Tuesday- OFF/sightseeing
Wednesday- Track workout/4 hour kayak trip
Thursday- 3 mile run/20 minute open water
Friday- 60 minute spin workout
Saturday- 60 minute swim workout
Sunday- 7.5 mile run

"No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change."- Barbara de Angelis

No comments:

Post a Comment