Monday, August 8, 2011

No Turning Back



Week 21 was an intense training week. I also realized that I've worked so hard at this point, there is not turning back from the Pumpkinman in September. I've put in a ton of effort and time throughout the summer in preparation. Week 21 was no exception. I had several lengthy swim sessions, a really long run on Sunday, and my longest bike ride to date on Friday. Somehow, I am still standing--though I feel a bit stiff today, so I may need to add in some yoga to stretch out more.

The highlight workout of the week was doing a 50 mile bike ride with Melissa on Friday. We tested out most of the Timberman long course to get in the miles. We were pleasantly surprised that at mile 38, we did not feel like we had been biking for that long. However, the Leavitt Rd hill at 39 did start to make us feel like it had been a long ride. We finished though in about 3 hours and 30 minutes. This was not a bad time considering we chatted and took our time. I'm pretty sure we should both be able to rock the sprint course on 8/20! I will need to find a new 56 mile ride for this next weekend somewhere in the Holderness/Squam Lake area. I am open to suggestions so feel free to share!

21 in a nutshell:
Monday- 60 minute swim
Tuesday-Track workout
Wednesday- 45 minute swim/ 75 minute bike ride
Thursday- 4 mile run
Friday- 50 mile bike ride
Saturday- OFF, tubing adventure on the White River
Sunday- 10 mile run / 20 minute open water swim

1 comment: