Saturday, August 27, 2011

Extra Effort



I placed sleepy Garfield at the top of my blog because I am super tired after a very busy week! I put in quite a bit of effort this week in order to get all of my miles done before Hurricane Irene hit Concord.

Coming off an exciting Timberman weekend, I had a few easy workouts early in the week. But for the remainder of the week, I pushed my body to make sure I completed all of my workouts. I did three shorter bike rides instead of my long ride on Saturday. This was an adjustment made so I could get in my long run on Saturday before work. Basically, whenever I could fit in a ride, I did. I ended up riding 18 miles in the rain on Thursday. It was unpleasant, but I completed the miles.

This was week 24 of my training!!! It is kind of crazy when I think that I have been training for 6 months!!! I have only two weeks left until Pumpkinman and I am getting psyched! It is going to be difficult, but exciting to see how far I can push my body.

Week 24 Recap:
Monday- 30 minute swim
Tuesday- 18 mile bike ride
Wednesday- 5 mile run / 20 mile bike ride
Thursday- 30 minute swim /18 mile bike ride
Friday- OFF
Saturday- 12 mile run / 18 mile bike ride

No comments:

Post a Comment