Thursday, August 23, 2012

14 Day Firm Up

Our wedding is only 15 days away! It is hard to believe that after 7 1/2 years, Mark and I will finally tie the knot. While I am really looking forward to the day, I recognize that I need to approach my workouts and meal plans with even more intensity over the next two weeks in order to not fall back into bad habits. So, in search of some inspiration, I browsed Pinterest and stumbled upon the "Reasons to Be Fit" blog and found exactly what I was looking for. Everyone has a unique reason for maintaining their fitness and that was refreshing to see. When I am at crossfit, I also find every member of the gym has a specific reason for being there and working hard. I am posting the reason I related with the most recently :)


I frequently use running, crossfit, yoga, and other forms of exercise to alleviate stress or find a way to organize my thoughts. If I am annoyed or frustrated, I try to get in a set of pushups. These are times where I feel driven, focused, and calm. I actually felt a bit of peace yesterday when I did 400 meters of walking lunges because it did not involve any wedding details. My reasons to be fit are to be confident, healthy, and happy.

On another note, I completed my 5 rep max sumo deadlift @ 200lbs on Wednesday. It took 9 months of lifting to get to this weight so I am definitely psyched! I thought Jon might go easy on my conditioning workout after that, but instead he had me do the 400 meters of walking lunges followed by a 400 meter sprint. When he said the 400 meters of lunges, I was immediately filled with some trepidation. I remembered when I was 18 and on the novice crew team. We had to do that very same workout and the next day I could not even walk! Luckily, all the strength I have built up this year prevented that catastrophe from happening again! This morning, I woke up and went for a 4 mile run. It was not the fastest run, but I got it done.

Tomorrow starts my two week firm up challenge. The focus will continue on morning fasted cardio, weight focused crossfit, and healthy/paleo meals.

"Nothing and no one can make you happy until you alone make you happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment