Sunday, July 21, 2013

Half Marathon Training Week 1 Recap


Per my previous entry, I am dedicating more time to training and blogging. For the Smuttynose Half Marathon (which is on October 6th), I am using Hal Higdon's Intermediate 12 week training plan as a guideline for my run workouts. I might have to adjust by adding a few miles on run days to take a necessary rest day. Additionally, I will be balancing the WMCFStrong 6 week challenge and a century ride 8 week plan. I know it is a lot but usually I am more effective when my time is filled. In week 1, I had limited time due to travel for the funeral in Minnesota and our house closing on Wednesday. Therefore, I had to get creative and doubled up on some workouts over a few days. Today I had to finish all remaining workouts for the week so I ended up running 4 miles early in the morning followed by a 41 mile bike ride. This was my longest ride in awhile, but it was generally a flatter ride so that made it manageable. My workout buddy, Melissa, and I tackled the ride at 7:30 to avoid the heat. It seems we do have some relief from what has been a very humid and uncomfortable week. I am soooo excited it will be in the 60s tomorrow morning as those are great running temps.

Half Marathon Week 1 Wrap Up:

Monday- 4 mile run in MN
Tuesday- Rest (travel day)
Wednesday- Early morning run, Shuttle Sprints @ crossfit in evening, conditioning/strength evening
Thursday- Rest
Friday-Crossfit in AM
Saturday- 4 mile run + crossfit conditioning workout
Sunday- 4 mile run followed by 41 mile bike ride

Total Run Miles = 16
Pushups 6 days of 5 sets of 20

No comments:

Post a Comment