Thursday, August 15, 2013

#WHITEMOUNTAINSTRONG Challenge Test Week


Well, I started this post as a draft the week right after I did testing for the WMCF challenge; however, I was sidetracked by home ownership (so exhausting!) and being busy training. Getting our kitchen floors redone definitely hindered my ability to eat like a champion the last few weeks, but I am hopeful that some of my workouts have kept me out of a total relapse of bad habits. I feel strong during runs and at the gym. On August 8th, I improved my 5K pace from a 5K I ran in May by a minute, so that was a solid improvement. After assessing the dark/dangerous options for running before work and the exhaustion of bricking too many runs in a day, I have opted to focus on 2-3 days of running per week with one being a long run. This is more manageable. I also had to incorporate spinning instead of biking outside due to the dark mornings. It makes me sad when the fall approaches :(

Anyway, here are the results of Week 1 Testing (I'll do the side by side at the end of the challenge in a few weeks)

Lifts:
Back Squat = 125lbs
Bench = 95lbs
Power Clean = 90lbs
Push Press = 90lbs
Deadlift = 200lbs

Fit Test Results:
"The Chief" = 17 rounds @ 65lbs
1 Mile Run = 8:14
"Helen" = 11:24
2 Mins Pushups = 40 pushups
500 M Row = 2:06
"Fran" = 6:05 @ 65lbs

In addition to testing and running, I started training for the Seacoast Century so I've been busy! I was able to squeeze in a few perfect bricks (6) in three weeks. This something I am going to have to focus on if I want to hit my goal of 150 bricks for the 2013 year. I need 91 more perfect bricks which seems daunting considering I had hit 150 by August of last year!

Week of July 22nd - July 28th Workouts (Week 1 WMCF Challenge, Week 2 Half Marathon)

Monday- AM Walk/ PM Xfit (Brick #54)
Tuesday- AM Run/Walk/ PM Xfit (Brick #55)
Wednesday- Xfit in the PM
Thursday- AM Run/ PM Xfit (Brick #56)
Friday- AM Run/ PM Xfit (Brick #57)
Saturday- Rest day (Moving Day!)
Sunday- 7 mile Run

*Pushups 5 sets of 20 for 6 days*

Week of July 29th- August 4th Workouts (1st Week Century, Week 3 Half Marathon, Week 2 WMCF)

Monday- AM Xfit
Tuesday- 1 Hour Bike Ride
Wednesday- PM Xfit
Thursday- AM Treadmill track workout / Afternoon run (Brick #58)
Friday- AM Spin Class/ PM Xfit (Brick #59)
Saturday- 20 mile Bike Ride
Sunday- 5K Practice Race

*Pushups 5 sets of 20 for 6 days*

Week of August 5th- August 11th Workouts ( Week 4 Half Marathon, Week 2 Century, Week 3 WMCF)

Monday- AM Stretch / PM Xfit
Tuesday- PM Track Workout (cross country trails)
Wednesday- PM Xfit
Thursday- 5K Cigna Road Race
Friday- PM Xfit
Saturday- 28 mile Bike Ride
Sunday- 7 mile run

*Pushups 5 sets of 20 for 6 days*

I'll recap on this current week over the weekend or next week during my vacation week! Looking forward to some relaxation, rides, and sun!


No comments:

Post a Comment