Friday, October 4, 2013

Fuel Review: Gourmet Grassfed


One of the main challenges in maintaining a healthy diet is to have snacks that are just as accesible as junk food snacks (chips, soda, cookies, granola bars, etc). I struggled to find easy protein options as I could only tolerate so much chicken and eggs. I hit the jackpot when I decided to try the Grassfed Gourmet jerky that was recommended on the Whole 9 website. Gourmet Grassfed uses quality grassfed meat and has a vision that focuses on sustainability and freedom of food choice. You can read all about their vision on their website. However, the best part, in my opinion, is the ease of grabbing a pre-packaged snack and having it there for a quick refuel after crossfit or a snack to get my through my morning if I need a little extra energy. The company recently paired with Whole 9 to promote some exciting new flavors such as Smokey Apple BBQ and Ginger Terikayi. I brought one in for a co-worker who eats mainly Paleo and he was blown away by the flavor of this jerky. The downside...you have to order it online and it is relatively expensive (though most beef jerky is). It is a price I am willing to pay for high quality and convenient food options for those hectic days where I just need something in a pinch!

What are your favorite healthy and easy snacks? I'd love to hear your thoughts :)

Week of September 23rd- September 29th

Monday- PM Crossfit
Tuesday- AM Spin / Lunch Jog & Walk / PM Crossfit
Wednesday- AM Walk / Lunch Jog & Walk
Thursday- AM Yoga & Boot Camp / PM Crossfit
Friday- AM Spin / PM Crossfit
Saturday- Rest
Sunday- 10 mile run (10:48 pace)

*Pushups 5 sets of 20 for 6 days
*4 Perfect Bricks = 73 bricks for 2013 so far

No comments:

Post a Comment