Saturday, January 14, 2012

Transformation Challenge 2012



In a little over a week, I will embark on a 14 week transformation challenge with other members of White Mountain Crossfit. Today, I took my body measurements, BWT, and my first round of photos. It was not pretty, but it had to be done :) I am hoping to make some serious progress in my goal to look lean and fit in my wedding dress by September. But more than the superficial goals, I hope to become significantly stronger and maybe even complete a pull up or chin up. Our first seminar is next Saturday and I am ready for the challenge!

As a follow up to my blog posting two weeks ago, my workouts definitely did not follow the exact plan I had set up because, of course, I was overtaken by some sort of viral infection or cold just to make things interesting. Therefore, the week of 1/2 was modified to this schedule:

Monday- AM crossfit
Tuesday- AM run/ Lunch boot camp
Wednesday- Lunch boot camp/PM crossfit
Thursday-AM run
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday- Rest because I was sick :(

Then, the week of 1/9, I eased back into my workout routine:
Monday-AM crossfit
Tuesday-Lunch run/PM crossfit
Wednesday- Lunch boot camp
Thursday- PM run
Friday- Lunch boot camp/PM crossfit
Saturday- 10 mile run (finally back to where I was at before the virus!)

As I am now getting ready for the transformation challenge, snowshoe races, and the Half at the Hamptons, I have a busy week ahead of me. In addition, I am taking a graduate course at SNHU that is quite a bit of work. Finally, I am trying to chip away at wedding tasks, so an organized workout schedule is important. My time is very limited, so I have to make sure I follow it as much as possible.

Here are my intentions for the week of 1/15/12:
Sunday- Rest
Monday- 9am crossfit
Tuesday- PM crossfit
Wednesday-AM run/Lunch boot camp
Thursday- AM cardio/Lunch boot camp/PM Yoga for Athletes at Quest
Friday-AM run/PM crossfit
Saturday-Rest
Sunday- Long run

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Laura! I know you'll do great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sara! Just got the picture CD today. I can't wait to check those out tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete