Friday, June 3, 2011

Mooseman Tomorrow!




Weeks 11 and 12 were peak weeks in my training. The goal--Mooseman International triathlon on June 4th! It was a challenge to get in all the workouts with a busy schedule for work. As the end of the school year nears, I have more school commitments. Therefore, I had to be extra diligent in making sure to fit in my training sessions. I feel ready though. I picked up my registration packet tonight and plan on getting to bed early for optimal energy tomorrow. The weather looks to be clear and a bit cooler, which is excellent for the race!

Workouts for 11:

Monday- 30 min swim/60 min yoga
Tuesday- 25 min track workout/p90X abs
Wednesday- 50 min swim/ 10 mile bike ride / 40 min pilates
Thursday- 3 mile run
Friday- Off
Saturday- 20 min swim/ 6 mile run
Sunday- 29 mile ride (Mooseman course)

Workouts for 12 (Taper week!):

Monday- 15 min open water swim
Tuesday- 40 minute bike ride
Wednesday- 20 minute run
Thursday- 10 minute swim / 20 minute ride
Friday- OFF

I have completed twelve weeks of training to get ready for Mooseman. Last year, Mother Nature created too much of a problem to do the race. This year I am ready! Thanks to S2 and all of my supportive friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment