Sunday, May 22, 2011

Peak Week



Week 10 was a busy one. My workout schedule focused on the upcoming Mooseman International race. The horrible weather has been an additional snag in getting all of my training done. I had to shift things around quite a bit to make sure to get in the really important workouts for the week. I did miss one track workout and pilates class due to working some extra shifts at the restaurant this week. Nonetheless, I feel that I accomplished most of what I needed to do. I rode my bike in the rain twice this week because I figured there could be rain on race day. It was not very pleasant, but it was productive. Saturday was the big day with a 29 mile bike ride (Mooseman course) followed by a 3 mile run. Today, I am taking an extra day off as my body is saying "my legs don't want to move today!" after two hard workouts and three nights of waiting tables. My coach tells me it is ok to listen to my body. I usually try to push through, but I am going to listen to my body today.

Summary of Week 10-

Monday: 30 min swim/P90X yoga (50 min)
Tuesday: 5 mile run
Wednesday: 60 min swim
Thursday: OFF
Friday: 11 mile bike ride / 30 min swim/stairs at work
Saturday: 29 mile bike ride/ 3 mile run/ stairs at work
Sunday: OFF

Next week is another peak week, so I have more challenging workouts ahead. Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment