Thursday, June 24, 2010

Open Water



Yesterday I drove up to Bristol to meet up with Melissa for an open water swim in Newfound Lake. We did about 40 minutes along one of the beaches and it was really nice after we got over the initial shock of the 66 degree lake temp (I know that is not cold for my Minnesotan friends and family!). But anyway, it was fun and woke me right up!

Today was the exact opposite. I went for a 5 mile run in the morning and thought 8 AM was early enough--nope, not at all! It was so humid I almost fell over from the heat. Luckily, I brought a water bottle, but it was almost empty by about mile 4. I decided that I would run into Concord Hospital and drench myself in cold water and fill my water bottle. It was funny because there was this older man (probably some type of orderly or security guard) who looked like he was going to stop me, but when he saw how red I was and that I was not slowing down in my quest to get over to the drinking fountain, he thought better than to bother me :)

So, I left the hospital drenched with a freshly filled water bottle and plodded through the last 2 miles of my run. I imagine I looked like quite the site to everyone who passed me!

No comments:

Post a Comment