Monday, April 4, 2011

April Snow! No Joke!



My third week of training was determined by a variety of factors including weather, meetings, and additional work shifts. However, I completed all of my workouts despite being a bit over-extended! Early in the week the weather was reasonable, but on Friday (April Fool's Day) the joke was on us as we had another snow storm. It wasn't huge, but it was enough to hinder my outside run. Then, Sunday it was nearly 50 and sunny! I'm feeling stronger and fitter, but I do think I am going to lose one of my toenails soon :( Hopefully it will fall off and heal before the half marathon in May! Here is the breakdown of week three:

Monday- 60 minute swim/yoga
Tuesday- Track workout on the treadmill
Wednesday- 60 minute swim/yoga/spinning for 30 minutes
Thursday- REST (aka working at Hermanos)
Friday- 5 mile run
Saturday- Tri-swim/spin class
Sunday- 7.5 mile run outside in the run

Next week, I'll continue to up the mileage! I am getting new handlebars and a tri bar for my beautiful Felt bicycle. It is also being tuned up for a busy season! Let's hope it warms up so I can get out and ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment