Sunday, April 24, 2011

Favorite Workout of the Week...


I thoroughly enjoyed week 6 in my training. It was a lighter week--at least until my 12 mile run today! I had many enjoyable workouts, so it was difficult to pick a favorite for the week. Both my yoga and pilates classes were substantially better this week; however, my top workout of the week was....drumroll...track practice on Tuesday night! I have had many conflicts with the Tuesday night track practices, so I had previously done most of those on the treadmill. This week I had the time, and somehow found the motivation to get there. Once I did, I was immediately happy I made the trip. The practice was held at St. Paul's track this week instead of Memorial field; that is one cushy track! I am convinced they have layers of dollar bills undermeath the track ;) Anyway, the track is awesome on my knees so I was able to really push myself. And the exciting thing is that I am not the slowest one at practice anymore! I am making some progress :) I am really looking forward to the next track practice on Tuesday. For the upcoming week is school vacation so my workouts should be much easier to fit in! I am looking forward to having more energy for those workouts as well!!!

Week 6 Overview:
Monday- 20 min swim / 60 min yoga
Tuesday- 40 min track workout at St. Paul's
Wednesday- 60 minute swim / 60 min pilates
Thursday- Off
Friday- 2 mile Raider Run at school / 3 mile run (did the race course 3X)
Saturday- Tri-swim / 75 min spinning
Sunday (Easter)- 12 mile run

No comments:

Post a Comment