Friday, March 16, 2012

Week #8



It was time for my 8 week measurements and I'll admit that I was a bit nervous because I felt like I had hit a little bit of a plateau in my challenge, but I was wrong! Since week 4, I've lost 4.5 inches and another 3.6lbs. This brings my total transformation inches lost to 7.5 inches and 8.6lbs lost. Compared to week 4, I lost more inches than weight and I am fine with that. I'm keeping my eye on the prize over the next 6 weeks. I definitely have some fierce competition with some very impressive girls at the gym, but I am going to keep plugging away.

My brick wall is up to 48 perfect bricks after 6 bricks this week. I should probably clarify (because bricks are different in triathlons) that my bricks are following my morning cardio, diet plan, and pushups for as many days as I can in the week. With my one cheat/rest day, the most I can earn is 6 per week and I have been able to do this for the last eight weeks. Is there something you want to do to progressively build? Start small, 1 pushup a day and add on each week, etc. Whatever your goal is, if you start small, you will be able to make significant progress if you persevere.

One of the other goals that I had for this transformation was to be able to complete one full chin up. I know this sounds easy, but considering I couldn't do one when I was a tiny, girl in elementary school, it seemed almost unreachable as an adult woman. Nonetheless, after weeks of pushups, presses, bench press, and negative chins, I was able to do three full chin ups this week! Slowly, but surely, I am exceeding my goals. It is not easy but it is so worth it :)

Week 8 Workouts-
Monday-AM Elliptical/walk and AM Xfit (Bench, G row, Squats and conditioning)
Tuesday-AM swim/lunch walk/PM Xfit (clean/press and conditioning)
Wednesday- AM elliptical/lunch boot camp
Thursday-AM elliptical/walk/lunch boot camp/PM yoga
Friday-AM elliptical/walk/lunch boot camp/PM Xfit (press, G row, deadlifts-170lbs and conditioning)
Saturday-AM swim
Sunday- REST

Bricks = 6 (48 total)
Pushups = 330 (5 sets of 11 for 6 days)
Fasted cardio = 6 days

No comments:

Post a Comment