Saturday, March 24, 2012

Week #9



As I look back on week 9, I am hoping this was a breakthrough week for me. Physically, this week was no different than any other, in fact I just continued to push on with my workouts and healthy food choices. Emotionally, this was a roller coaster week to say the least. I finished my first graduate class at SNHU, worked on meeting goals at work, and dealt with serious wedding stress. After a much needed release of fears and frustrations at yoga class, I feel like I might finally be able to enjoy wedding planning! As someone who struggles with needing to control situations, wedding planning is taxing. Add in the fact that a lot of it is DIY and the situation intensifies. A bride can only take so much! This week, I realized I can't keep focusing on perfection with this wedding and I cannot let others influence our day. The friends and family who matter will be there for us on that day because that is what friends do for the people who are important to them. I have great friends who have been helping me with the planning process and I am so grateful for them. I also appreciate that they lift me higher because they are selfless and willing to listen to my bridezilla moments. Therefore, an additional goal that I am adding to my challenge is to be more appreciative of those who have been helping me and brush off the other junk. I can still focus on the things that I can control: how I look and how I feel. Hopefully, a clearer mind will give me more room to push through the final segment of the challenge. Plus, now I can focus on the fun stuff with the wedding because at this point we've had more than enough surreal and ridiculous situations thrown at us. We have persevered--it will only get easier and more enjoyable moving into the 6 month countdown :) Tips and suggestions for making planning easier are welcome!

Next week, I enter week 10! Yikes. Only 5 more weeks left in the transformation. I packed a bunch of clothes away today and realized I am going to need some new warm weather clothing as my closet is looking quite sparse! The warm weather last week was extra motivating, but it looks like that won't be back for a few weeks. I'll have to take the workouts back inside for a little longer, but that gives me time to get my gorgeous Felt bicycle tuned up!

Workouts for Week 9:
Monday- 45 min AM walk/ AM xfit (press, G row, squats, and sprints)
Tuesday-50 min AM swim/lunch walk/ PM xfit (clean/push press, dips, and conditioning)
Wednesday-55 min AM elliptical/walk/lunch boot camp
Thursday- 40 min AM swim/30 min lunch walk/PM yoga
Friday- 40 min AM elliptical/lunch boot camp/PM xfit (bench press, g row, deadlifts, and conditioning)
Saturday- 40 min AM swim
Sunday- REST

Fasted cardio = 6
Pushups = 360
Bricks= 6 (total = 54)

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
---Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment