Sunday, May 2, 2010

Yield to Cyclists Please!



I drove up to Bristol, NH today to do another round of the Mooseman course. I am starting to feel more and more comfortable with the ride; however, Melissa and I both encountered rude people in trucks today. Just an FYI, cars/trucks must yield to cyclists! This does not mean honking (aka scaring the cyclist and possibly causing an accident!) to get us to move out of the way. We make every effort to stay over as far right as possible, but sometimes you might just have to wait to go around. Sorry, but that is the way it is. Oh, and if you hit us, the cyclists definitely have the stronger case! So save everyone the hassle and just slow down and give a friendly wave. It is much appreciated!


Tip: Safety Article

1 comment:

  1. Or face the wrath of me and my potty mouth. Hey BTW, I think we were faster today than previous rides!

    ReplyDelete