Tuesday, March 2, 2010

50 Degrees is the Perfect Running Temp

Waking up at 4:00 AM was just not happening today. My body was sore from swimming and working at the restaurant last night. I climbed back into bed and decided sleep was more important. I would run later in the day. This was an excellent decision since it was 50 degrees (my favorite running temp) and still light out. I laced up my Asics, downloaded an aerobic podcast, and headed out for a relaxing 40 minute moderate-paced run. It was such a lovely afternoon and I enjoyed breathing in the fresh, crisp air. The experience reminded me of college afternoons where I used to run a few miles just to decompress. I was able to brainstorm for school and go over plans for the next day. I arrived at the apartment full of energy and ready to enjoy the evening.

Helpful Tip: If you have really narrow feet like I do, check out Asics running shoes. They are super comfortable! I put a picture of mine in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment