Monday, March 22, 2010

Biking the Mooseman Course


Yesterday I did not even have time to blog because it was such a busy day! I woke up at 8 AM and drove up to Bristol, NH to meet up with Melissa. We got our bikes ready and set out for our first ride of the season. I was doing my first ride on my new bike! The major challenge of this course is Devil's Hill which is a steep climb right at the beginning of the course. I had only done this ride one other time and on that ride I tipped right over on the hill and had to walk up the rest of the way. This time was the exact opposite! My improved strength, bike, and skill took me up to the top of Devil's Hill with no fall and no walking. It was a major feeling of accomplishment to get up that hill. For the rest of the ride (27 miles!) Melissa and I had a leisurely ride and chatted. It was a bit chilly in the morning, but we warmed up quickly during the ride. After the ride, I had to drive back to Concord and work at Hermanos until 10 PM. So, I was just a bit exhausted by the time I got home! I really enjoyed the ride though and am glad my new bike handled so well. The course is a very pretty ride around Newfound Lake and I highly recommend it if you are looking for a challenging ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment